Call for Papers
CEPR International Macroeconomics and Finance (IMF) Programme Meeting
9 – 10 June 2022
Venue: Bank of Italy, Rome
Hélène Rey (London Business School and CEPR)
Fadi Hassan (Bank of Italy and CEPR)
Paper Submission Deadline - 6 pm (GMT), Friday, 15 April 2022
Submission before Friday the 15th is strongly encouraged, as the CEPR Office will be closed on the 15th and 18th of April, due to Easter Bank Holidays
Keynote: Iván Werning (MIT and NBER)
The sixth CEPR Annual Meeting of the International Macroeconomics Programme (IMF) will take place 9-10 June 2022 and will be hosted by the Bank of Italy. We plan to hold the workshop in-person, unless the evolution of the pandemic or other exceptional circumstances will not allow so.
We invite submissions on the following topics:
International macroeconomics and stabilisation policy
International financial architecture, including global financial safety nets
Currency and financial/debt crises
Exchange rates, policy regimes and currency unions
Trade, protectionism, and macroeconomic dynamics
Currency and international financial markets
Capital flows, risk taking and financial fragility
Effects of capital controls
Credit markets and economic activity in the open economy
The sponsoring institutions can cover accommodation and travel according to the CEPR guidelines for presenters and discussants. However, there is limited travel and accommodation funding available, and we would like to facilitate the participation of young researchers. We thus encourage more senior participants to use their own grants to cover costs. Please indicate in your reply whether you will be able to cover your own costs, or whether you will require funding to attend.
How to apply
The application deadline is 6 pm (GMT) Friday, 15 April 2022. Only the authors of accepted papers will be informed by April 30, 2022.
Authors who are CEPR affiliated or already have a CEPR profile can upload their submission by:
1) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://portal.cepr.org/
2) Go to https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1561/info
3) If you are a member of the IMF programme area click on "Change registration details", complete the requested information and click "Submit information".
4) If you have a CEPR profile, click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
Authors who are not CEPR affiliated or do not have a CEPR profile can:
1) Create an online profile at https://portal.cepr.org/user/register
2) Log in on the CEPR portal online at https://https://portal.cepr.org/meetings/1561/info
4) Click on "Step 1: Apply" and complete the requested information and click "Register"
If you have any difficulty in applying, please email Lydia Williams in the CEPR-events team, at l[email protected] with the subject header "1561- Annual IMF 2022".
Bao Khanh Le, CEPR Events & Admin Assistant based in Paris can be reached at [email protected] for assistance on Friday 15th April.
(Please note Friday 15th and Monday 18th of April are bank holidays in the UK and the CEPR London offices are closed)
Hélène Rey and Fadi Hassan